About First Choice
We provide Christ-centered medical, parenting, and life-skill services to extend help, offer hope, and promote healing.
Every person is made in the image of God. Because life begins at conception, our ministry works to affirm life in the womb and empower women and men to value that life.
God uses family to demonstrate His love, and we support decisions that build God-honoring families.
Knowledge is power, and as we provide women and men with truth about fetal development and human sexuality, they are empowered to choose life and make healthy choices.
Women and men facing unplanned pregnancies need to know and experience compassion, so we offer our services with no judgment, extending the kindness and love of Christ in each encounter.
We are obedient to the revealed Word of God through Scripture, and to His continued guidance and direction for our ministry today.
Lives are transformed through the power of the Gospel. We foster authentic Christ-centered relationships so that each client, staff member, and ministry partner will grow as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
We work as unto the Lord and strive for excellence in every interaction with First Choice through our environment, professionalism, words, and actions.
1982: Sav-A-Life Montgomery opens as a Crisis Pregnancy Center, offering free pregnancy tests as a means to offer positive alternatives to women considering abortion
- 1989: Began ministry to post-abortive women
- 1997: Purchased building on Mendel Parkway
2005: Joined Care Net, an umbrella agency networking some 2,000+ pregnancy centers
- 2007: Transitioned to become a medical clinic; opened as First Choice Women’s Medical Center, now providing ultrasound services to more effectively communicate the message of life
- 2012: Added the “Earn While You Learn” parenting education initiative
- 2016: Added “Fathers First” Ministry for men
- 2017: Began offering limited prenatal care to our clients
- 2018: Sav-A-Life, Montgomery, Inc. officially changed it name to First Choice Women’s Medical Center, Inc
- 2021: Expanded to second location, First Choice – South, on Normandie Drive; added testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- 2023: Added Sexual Risk Avoidance Education as an outreach ministry for youth in local schools.